2018 is the 6th year for the The Leadership School’s Educator-In-Residence (EIR) program. Our 18 EIR’s are working with 15 schools from Searsport, ME to Wood Hill School, MA.
The program objectives are shaped by the needs of the school community, the goals of the administration and the strengths of the educator. Educators and school mentors develop individualized memorandums of understanding that are diverse and include school specific items such as: support healthy classroom behavior, develop after-school play clubs, provide professional development for staff and help students transition between various life stages. Their work plans share commonalities too: to promote positive interactions among students, model inclusive behavior for students, model positive language and redirection for teachers, and disseminate TLS messages and language across grade levels. The EIR program furthers the Kieve-Wavus long range goal of deepening and broadening the impact of our programming on the youth in Maine.
This year’s schools are Medomak, Jefferson, Searsport, Hope, Lincoln Academy, Great Salt Bay, South Bristol, Wood Hill, Bristol, Nobleboro, Whitefield, King, Memorial, Loranger, and Boothbay
- We now have EIRs in all of the AOS 93 (local Damariscotta area) schools!
- We have our first out of state EIR (Wood Hill. MA)
- 8 of the EIRs are returning to schools they worked with last year
- The EIR program will work this winter with students from kindergarten to seniors in high school
- EIR started with 6 schools participating in 2012 (https://kievewavus.org/blog/news/educators-in-residence/) and we currently have 15