1. Share Memories: Visit your CampMinder photo collection, reread camper letters home, or break out the Kieve and Wavus Annual and let your child regale you with tales of last summer. Maybe your camper can reenact the dramatic parts!
2. Rest Hour: Write or email a different cabin mate each day after lunch! If you have lost the contact list for your child’s 2019 cabin, we can help. Email us at the office: Kieve – [email protected] or Wavus – [email protected]
3. Daily Activities: Our children can take the lead in helping to beat the boredom by bringing their favorite parts of camp into your home. There are SO many ways to do this, and we offer a few below to help spark their imaginations: Come up with a Mystery Van to a fun spot that allows for social distance. Set up a Frolf course in your yard. Look up recipes, patterns or plans for Slime, Friendship Bracelets, or The Ring & Hook Game. This seems like the perfect time for board games or Shenanigans, so campers pick a game for after lunch or a favorite shenanigans theme and lead the fun!
4. Evening Activity: Family performances of Air Guitar are sure to please – maybe parents vs kids! Try a raucous game of Hide & Seek that feels a bit like Escape to Freedom without the bouldering! A Scavenger Hunt or Iron Chef set up by your camper will be loads of fun. If your family creates any great new EAs that you want to see this summer, please share!!
5. Mealtimes: Kieve boys can throw their pancakes at breakfast, Wavus girls can bake monkey bread for a special Sunday treat, and everyone can celebrate Taco Tuesday together! We highly recommend eating outside if you can. Music after breakfast, lunch or dinner might inspire a much-needed dance party!
We hope these ideas bring the magic and joy of your Kieve and Wavus summers into your days!